Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Fun


A couple of weeks ago, Alyssa was supposed to attend a special rafting trip, through the school.  Unfortunately, we hit a bump in the road and Alyssa did not get to go.  We’ve probably all heard or used the expression, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade”, right?  Sometimes life can offer the sweetest things, we just have to find a way to reveal them.

When I found out Alyssa wouldn’t be able to go on the rafting trip, I almost immediately decided, I would see about taking Alyssa and her friends on a private rafting excursion.  Oh for the love of lemonade!  That same day, I got a call from a friend, who called to check in on how our summer was going.  I shared with her; we were unable to attend the river trip and I was thinking of inviting Alyssa’s friends and setting something up through one of the local companies.  She said, her and her husband had a raft and would love to take Alyssa and her friends out on the river. 

You have no idea how excited I was!  I jumped on the phone and the computer and started making invitations.  We had room for up to five children, including Alyssa.  The available spots filled up FAST!  Within about an hour, we were all set up and on our way to a very special day on the river.  The beauty in this opportunity, we were able to invite a few of Alyssa’s closest friends.  I am honored to know these children and their families.  I am delighted, we were able to do something special for these kiddos because they are so nice to my angel and they deserve some summer fun!

I have posted a few pictures.  Truly heart warming!  I am thankful for this experience, the people who helped make it happen, the kids for participating, the parents for being so awesome and to the school for the original bump in the road.  This happened to work out, even better than originally planned, because Alyssa got to share this experience, with a few of her friends, who she adores!

Ample sugar for the perfect lemonade!

Thank you for reading.  Have a great day!  Angie

1 comment: