Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Special


The most special words have come from Alyssa in this last week.  Monday was a very difficult day for me.  It’s so beautiful to see Alyssa responding to what is happening.  I sat on the couch for a little break and she came over, climbed in my lap and gave me snuggles.  I told her, “I love you” and she replied clearly, “I know!” 

Her words are often difficult to make out, yet there are times, they are crystal clear.  I wonder, how long her mind works on processing, what she has to say?  One day, will she speak with the freedom, some of us, “might” easily, take for granted?  I think… YES!!!  I wish I could know her every thought, feeling, her desires, likes and even dislikes.  I am encouraged to know from her, she “knows” I love her.  This means more than everything; it supersedes my wishes to know the rest. 

I went into her room this morning.  She says to me, “hi mommy!”  She was so happy to see me and immediately jumped into my arms offering her sweetness, a full wrap hug.  As she went through her morning, she did everything full of language, including counting to 38.  She followed through by saying, “I love you mommy.”  Four huge words, but the best, the most special, of any words she could ever share.  Once again, I am wowed by her.  I know it’s all in her, but I don’t always hear the confirmations through her verbal expression, yet have to remain without doubt and give her the time she needs… it’s all coming.  She needs to know, I believe in her, more than anything!  This may even help her along the way. 

Another hope for me, I hope, one day, I will be able to write about the other side.  I hope to hear all she has to say and be able to share it with the world.  It will be interesting to hear her, tell her side, of this beautiful journey.  Until then, I will continue to be reminded by her current verbal expression; she is the most special person I have ever known and truly the love of my life. 

Thank you for reading and have a great week!  Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment